Outlook POP Mailbox Setup Instructions
If you have suddenly stopped being able to send messages, open your account settings and skip to step 7.
The following screenshots will assist you with setting up your mailbox with Microsoft Outlook using pop3.
Click a thumbnail to enlarge it.
1. Select Start then Control Panel
6. If you are using Outlook 2013, select POP or IMAP and click next
7. Refer to the settings below. You need to complete all fields.
• Your Name
• Email address
• Account Type: POP3
• Incoming Server - mail."yourdomain.com"
• Outgoing Server - mail."yourdomain.com"
• User name - Use Full Email Address
• Password - Use Correct Password
Make sure there is NOT a check mark in the box for Secure Password Authentication and click More Settings.
8. Select the Outgoing server tab, and place a check mark for MY outgoing server requires authentication.
Keep the selection selected below this that says Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
9. Select the Advanced tab.
Verify that Incoming server (POP3) is set to 110
The Outgoing Server (SMTP) port should be set to 25. (Note: If you use ATT/Bellsouth as your ISP, set this to 26)
Uncheck the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server". This will prevent you from exceeding your quota on the server.
10. Click OK to close the Advanced Menu, then click Next.
Outlook will then test your incoming and outgoing settings and return a success if everything is set correctly.
If you get success on both, Click Close on the test window, then Finish. You can now close all other windows and open Outlook.
If you have any questions or run into any issues feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 601-956-4770.